Propane Is A Great Fuel For Farmers
Written on: March 8, 2021
Save Money In The Long Run!
As a farmer, you do a lot of hard tasks during your long workday. One of the most challenging tasks is managing costs so you can make more income.
You may not think of your fuel and energy costs at first, but they are a major part of your farm’s business. Boehlke Bottled Gas can help you take control of your fuel and energy costs with our agricultural propane services.
We have been helping farmers like you get the job done with propane since 1938. We understand how propane will work for you in a way other companies, especially the big national companies, can’t.
Propane’s efficiency and clean-burning make it a cost-effective energy choice for your farm, which helps improve your bottom line. Here are some of the ways that propane can help your farm prosper.
Propane Equipment On The Farm
Propane can power all sorts of equipment around your farm in ways that can save you time and money.
- With propane crop drying, you keep more of your yield that would be lost to rot if left to dry outdoors. They are also up to 50% more efficient than crop dryers that use other fuels.
- Propane orchard heaters protect your crop while being safe for the soil. Diesel-powered orchard heaters can have fuel spills, which damages the soil near your trees.
- Propane-powered forklifts are more powerful than electric forklifts and can run outdoors in wet conditions, unlike electric forklifts. Because propane is clean burning, you can use propane forklifts both indoors and outside, unlike forklifts that use gasoline or diesel.
- Propane can power irrigation equipment so you can safely and more efficiently keep your crops properly watered.
- Weeds are a threat to your crops. But herbicides are dangerous for your health and the health of your workers, and they are bad for the environment. Also, you lose time before you can safely get back to work where you used them. But with propane flame control, you get safe, fast, efficient weed control that lets you get back to work right away, saving you time and money.
Contact us to learn how Boehlke Bottled Gas can help you with your farm!