Careers at Boehlke Bottled Gas
If you want to work for an employer that values hard work, attention to detail, the willingness to go the extra mile for customers, and courteous service, you’ll be a great fit with the Boehlke Bottled Gas family!
We’re always looking for people for positions including propane delivery driver and customer-service representative. Whether you want to be in the office or out in the field, we may have a job that suits your skills and experience.
The Service Technician is responsible for installing and repairing new and existing gas systems. They often meet the customer or a contractor on site to coordinate the installation. In doing this, they must be able to communicate with customers in order to provide safe and effective service.
Characteristics of a great Service Technician:
- Like to work outside at all times of the year
- enjoy a variety of work each day
- able to operate multiple different types of equipment
- like solving problems for customers
- be able to communicate well with customers and team members
- be courteous and professional with customers
- take safety seriously and look out for others
- take pride in your work and want to provide great customer service
- be willing to take training and continuous education courses
- good with time management
- able to work on own and with a team
The duties of the Service Technician include, but are not limited to:
- Install and service gas distribution systems for customers
- Meet customers to plan for installation or service
- Complete necessary service work documentation
- Be trained and knowledgeable in all service work duties
- Understand and be able to follow appropriate gas codes
- On call duties as needed
- Do other delivery duties
- Do basic maintenance on equipment used for service work
- Repair tanks and cylinders as needed
- Maintain necessary driving requirements and licenses
- Be able to complete gas System Check and restart system when necessary
- Safely operate all equipment needed for job
- Keep truck and work area clean and neat
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 – $23.00 per hour
Reports To: The Bulk Delivery Driver reports to the Senior Dispatch/Routing Coordinator.
Job Overview: The Bulk Delivery Driver drives a scheduled route to customers to deliver propane into the on-site storage tank. After the route is complete, the Bulk Delivery Driver reloads the trucks for the next day’s routes. The Bulk Delivery Driver needs to be able to operate the equipment safely and communicate with customers and other employees in order to provide safe and professional customer service.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Delivers propane to businesses and homes
- Safely operates delivery truck in all conditions and traffic
- Completes daily paperwork and use on board computer to make deliveries
- Communicates with customers and other drivers to provide professional customer service
- Knowledgeable about installation requirements to identify a potentially unsafe condition
- Safely loads truck and makes deliveries
- Does daily inspections of truck and equipment and notifies Fleet Manager if a repair is needed
- Keeps truck and work area clean and neat
- Maintains necessary driving requirements and licenses
- Completes gas System Check and restart system when necessary
- Conducts weekly safety meeting/discussion with drivers and documents the items covered in the meeting/discussion
- High school diploma/GED required
- Strong mechanical service background, preferably in the Propane Gas, Natural Gas, Oil Heat, Gas Plumbing, Gas Appliance Repair or Gas HVAC
- Must have a Class A or Class B CDL
- Must have Hazmat and Tank endorsements, or be able to obtain them quickly
- Good driving record
- Physically able to meet necessary lifting requirements, in all weather conditions
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and interact with others in a positive, respectful and cooperative manner
Boehlke Bottled Gas offers a competitive salary and benefits, continuing training, and a friendly work environment where employees are valued.
Fill out the form below to get started!